Civilization 4

Informacje o planszówkach on-line, offline itp.
Akimuhb

Post autor: Akimuhb »

I'm not really interested in participating in another game but would like to continue this one (granted that the ai hasn't totally screwed me over, which it probably has), I'll have to leave the games for good come mid-june as I'll go home where I am now for the summer and not return to broadband connection again until mid-august.
Kakaj

Post autor: Kakaj »

Dont bother yourself. AI is playing well for you .... Since I have just built Wonder, I was studying Stattistics for last few turns, turn after turn ...
And What I have seen ? German city Aachen played by AI .. in 5-6 turns changed in population from 7 to 10 !!!! Any questions ?
--> starszy inspektor do spraw homologizacji dyferencjałów w garażach <--
Moje kolekcja gier
Kontakt ze mną via FB : https://www.facebook.com/cezary.woolsome/ lub tel 604 941 378
Awatar użytkownika
Sasannka
Kontakt:

Post autor: Sasannka »

AI is cheating :P
Pozdrawiam!

Sasannka :]
Awatar użytkownika
Pancho
Kontakt:

Post autor: Pancho »

official manual:

"On the lowest difficulty levels, it takes the AI civs longer to train units, construct buildings and wonders, grow their cities and research technologies. On Noble difficulty they play under the same conditions as the human players, and on higher difficulties they receive discounts on these items."
Akimuhb

Well if I played I wouldn't have had 10 pop in Aachen, I would have built settlers long ago. Do I have any new cities?
Kakaj

Do I have any new cities?
:) I have no idea since I dont know even where you are .... but I guess you have now a lot of soldiers to have new cities in coming turns :)

Hi .. Akimuhb's neighbours !! .. be polite :) .. tell him "what are he doing ?"
Moje kolekcja gier
Kontakt ze mną via FB : https://www.facebook.com/cezary.woolsome/ lub tel 604 941 378
Akimuhb

BTW why did you decide to start playing 3-4 turns per day when I went away on vacation, you used to play 1-2 turns a day until last week :p
And no it's not because I was slow, I usually did the turns within a couple of hours after the mail being in my inbox ;p
Awatar użytkownika
Sasannka
Kontakt:

I think it is because some of THEM were not at work but at home so they could do THEIR turns more often. I am innocent, I am on-line 16h/day :P

And come back Akim! Your AI doesn't want to send me furs anymore :shock:
Pozdrawiam!

Akimuhb

Bwahahaha i am back.

Now gimme my civ so I can attempt to fix the faults the AI has caused.
Awatar użytkownika
Nataniel
Administrator
Kontakt:

Post autor: Nataniel »

Welcome back Akim! Take over your Civ!
= Artur Nataniel Jedlinski | GG #27211, skype: natanielx =
= Festiwal gier planszowych w Gdyni - GRAMY! =
Akimuhb

Meh it's too messed up. Just let the ai take over again.
Awatar użytkownika
Nataniel
Administrator
Kontakt:

Ok, I have kicked you out :-(

Anyway, I suggest to all of you to download the latest Civ patch:
http://www.fileplanet.com/158884/150000 ... atch-v1.61

It fixes couple of things, like the password problem when you enter Your Details window. It also remembers the hostname for DirectIP connection.
Kakaj

We shouldnt agree for your suggestion. And finish this game on the same rules we started.

There are many many changes in new patch, some of them will change current game.
For example from new patch Expansive leaders (like Nataniel's Persian) will have + 3 health instead of +2 till this time.
Moje kolekcja gier
Awatar użytkownika
!rq
Recenzent

Post autor: !rq »

Meh it's too messed up. Just let the ai take over again.
Akim, could You explain what was messed by AI? Your Civ didn't look bad in standings (additionaly You got taoism, which I stongly envy :wink: ), so I'm curious what exactly is the Ai doing wrong when one gives control to it?
Calvin: It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool.
Akimuhb

Building cities where I didn't want them, growing my capital to 11 pop and stacking it with random military units instead of building cities, and a bunch of other things.

Btw, if I have been kicked why do I still get the turn mail?
Awatar użytkownika
Nataniel
Administrator
Kontakt:

Kakaj pisze:We shouldnt agree for your suggestion. And finish this game on the same rules we started. There are many many changes in new patch, some of them will change current game. For example from new patch Expansive leaders (like Nataniel's Persian) will have + 3 health instead of +2 till this time.
Hmm, I didn't know that. I don't know if this will be applied to the game in progress? Anyway, I did patched my game (along with the patch for PitBoss server) already and it seems you cannot connect if you have previous version of the game (that's what PiK said), so there's no way out now... (and I didn't patched it for +3 instead of +2 health, lol).
Akimuhb pisze:Btw, if I have been kicked why do I still get the turn mail?
The email notifications are sent from separated application to the specified list of emails, not to actual players. I have erased your email from it. With the new patch players can enter their email address in Your Details window, so they will be notified directly by game server.
Kakaj

On the other hand those who had "financial" .. has now it decreased .. no bonuses in building banking etc.

yes you are right I can't connect to the server, I have to make upgrade.
I think we should dicussed it before... but ok .. done it.

I hope you will start another game :D in parallel. For less players ..
Moje kolekcja gier
Awatar użytkownika
Nataniel
Administrator
Kontakt:

I think we should dicussed it before
We should, but I didn't know it matters - I was sure the patch just fixes bugs and I wasn't aware of those balance changes. They are not that important anyway - just slight alterations.
Kakaj

Do you think its not cheating, if Akim took over his Civ only for one turn to gave all his money, techs and resources to Sasanka ? and then gave up ... returning his Civ to AI again ?
Moje kolekcja gier
Awatar użytkownika
Sasannka
Kontakt:

Do you want to change Civs with me to have an aggresive AI as your neigbour? You are very welcome. I have just discovered that AI build 2 new cites next to my bordes.

Akim gave me fur because his AI ended trade with me when I accidentaly declared war with Nataniel. The rest of resources I recived for technologies I gave to his AI when I thought Akim will come back to play and continue our alliance. Too bad he had no technologies to give me in exchange.

You take this game too much seriously, Kakaj. It is GAME, not competition.
Pozdrawiam!

Kakaj

Sasannka pisze: You take this game too much seriously, Kakaj. It is GAME, not competition.
OK. This explanation is enough for me. I didnt realize that those resources (akim supplys you) can be from tech trading ...

I know its just the game :D ... but each of them has RULES. I am still learning what is aloud or not in such multiplayer games. It is my first one. :D
Moje kolekcja gier
Shaula

Post autor: Shaula »

Sorry, folks, I had to resign. Thank you all for the very interesting game.

Cya.
Kakaj

!rq pisze:So - if we decided to play in the group of 9, we should also accept, that if one 1 plr is to leave for some time, he has to, either:
- give the command to AI for several turns,
or
- set his civ for several turns ahead (in that case leaving player shouldn't be attacked by others, as it wouldn't be sportsmanly), and give password to some other trusted player who would hurry turns.
I have to leave till tuesday evening. Since giving my civ to AI is to dangerous, I choose second option.
I set up my orders and gave my password to Flak.

Please wait with wars against me ;) to the next week ;)
Moje kolekcja gier
Kakaj

!rq pisze:- set his civ for several turns ahead (in that case leaving player shouldn't be attacked by others, as it wouldn't be sportsmanly), and give password to some other trusted player who would hurry turns.
I am back... and I see that Nataniel didnt keep on rules :( ,that we all agreed before. He attacked me after I left home for few days.
What do you have a satisfaction if you dont fair play ?

I missed only 8 turns, you should wait.
Moje kolekcja gier
Awatar użytkownika
Nataniel
Administrator
Kontakt:

I didn't attack you, just declared war - AI asked me to do it and I don't want to loose excellent relations with it. None of my units is inside your borders.

Anyway, the server was up & down few times on weekend and the last turn it crashed so it have to be proceed again. It should be stable from now on.
ODPOWIEDZ