Wymiary zasłonki

Tutaj można dyskutować na tematy ogólnie związane z grami planszowymi, nie powiązane z konkretnym tytułem.
firosiro

Wymiary zasłonki

Post autor: firosiro »

Special to The Globe and Mail Ottawa UNLESS some behind-the-scenes lobbying this weekend brings an abrupt change of heart, Chinese game officials will stop Canada's leading ping pong player from competing in the summer's Barcelona Olympics.

That participant, Geng Lijuan, is a ping pong paddles review for former world champion using the Chinese group. She made China to visit Canada in 1989 and has since established herself as the dominant lady's participant in North America along with also an Olympic medal contender.

However, the likelihood of her moving into the Games seem slender. Chinese officials also have said they will apply an International Olympic Committee law which enables a nation to maintain its former athletes from the Olympics until after they have become citizens of the new state for three decades. Geng, who resides in Ottawa, is set to be a Canadian citizen within another month, therefore she will not fulfill the requirement before 1995.

The final hope for Canadian officials to convince the Chinese to change comes in the International Ping pong Federation's annual meetings, which start in Gothenburg, Sweden.

"I have not given up, however, it seems like there is not much chance," Geng said. "I am feeling quite unhappy about it. For an athlete, the Olympics would be the largest event and you are interested in being a part of it"

Canada will be reflected in the ITTF meetings by Adham Sharara, the Canadian Ping pongAssociation's director-general. He's also cynical, but says he will be lobbying strenuously to influence the Chinese.

Sharara clarifies the IOC rule provides the athlete's former nation the chance to reevaluate the three-year eligibility requirement or to get it enforced.

In many cases, the Chinese did reiterate the requirement for additional ping pong players that abandoned the country. However they would not do so for Geng, Switzerland's Tu Yong and Britain's Chen Xinhua. Not coincidentally, they're the three greatest players changed. "The Chinese do not wish expatriates taking awards from them," Sharara said.

Obrazek

The three-year rule has been initiated at the request of nations like China that believed it was unjust for athletes that they developed top ping pong table to compete. It came into effect last August, also in February that the Chinese announced they'd refuse to waive the demand for Geng.
Ever since that time, Sharara says he is written to the Chinese officials, stressing the necessity to honor athletes' rights and imagining that this will probably be the final opportunity for Geng, 29, to compete at an Olympics.

Such moral suasion did not even bring a response, so Sharara intends a more pragmatic reception attempt this time around. He said he is ready to negotiate.

"We are not planning to give them money since we do not have any to offer, but there can be other things we could do," he explained. "We will ask them, 'What do you need from us to let her go to the Olympics? '' " Sharara indicated one possibility may be to find means for the Canadian institution to assist Chinese athletes who have begun to Canadian universities to examine.
He said Chinese officials occasionally require backing for different things that come before the global federation, and he will make it crystal clear that Canada are more inclined to co-operate if Geng is permitted to compete.

While Sharara attempts to make a deal this weekend, Geng will probably be playing at the Canadian championships in Repentigny, Que., which also start tomorrow. She enters the occasion as defending champion, and is rated the No. 8 player in the world in women's singles. As a quarter-finalist in the 1991 world championships, she made an automatic Olympic qualification.
It seems that the Chinese are put on keeping her from the Games not simply because they fear she can conquer a few of their players, but since they are forced to look bad for giving up on her years back.

Ping pong is a high-profile game in China and throughout the mid- eighties, Geng was a renowned public figure. In 1985, she won gold in women's doubles and silver in the world championships, and in 1987 she maintained a universe mixed doubles title. However, the group's coaches were decided to bring in younger players determined she had been washed up at age 24. Back in 1988, her name has been left off the Olympic team.

Geng stopped and started training. Then in 1989, she left the nation without consent from Chinese governments to wed Horatio Pintea, a part of the Canadian ping pong team.

Obrazek

She says one of the reasons she chose to come out of retirement and join with her husband on the Canadian group was supposed to receive a shot at the Olympics. That dream seemed protected when she qualified for Barcelona in the 1991 world championships, but shortly afterward she heard of this three-year requirement.

Geng recalls responding with fury when she heard her former nation intended to keep her from the Olympics. She is, but hesitant to discuss it because she does not wish to violate anyone in high positions who may make life harder for her parents, that remain in China. "I am mad inside, however I can not say much," she explained. "I only hope they opt to allow me to perform."

=> Read more: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/best-pin ... ong-sport/

She hopes to find one way or another by first week. Sharara said it is likely that the Chinese may give a last response tomorrow when he brings up the subject, but more probably he will not know for sure until the ITTF meetings finish next Tuesday.
Ostatnio zmieniony 03 sty 2018, 10:09 przez firosiro, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.
Awatar użytkownika
Shimrod

Re: Wymiary zasłonki

Post autor: Shimrod »

Roll for the Galaxy (jedyna gra jaką obecnie mam z zasłonką) ma trójdzielną z wysokością 15 cm i długością 27 cm podzieloną 2 x 7,5 i 1 x 12 cm.
Żeby tak mi się chciało jak mi się nie chce...

Moja skromna kolekcja
Goodies
ODPOWIEDZ