EuropeMasters 2010 (Essen, Germany)

... czyli zloty miłośników planszówek! Tu możesz także umawiać się na granie w Twoim mieście.
Ivashu

EuropeMasters 2010 (Essen, Germany)

Post autor: Ivashu »

Ronald van Lent asked me to inform Polish players that EuropeMasters will also be this year and that they would be really happy to have also Polish team(s) taking part.

EuropeMasters is the European Championships of the board games and it will be organized at the Spiel'10 in Essen (October 21 to 24, http://www.internationalespieltage.de/). The European Championship has a long history as it started in 1976. In 2007 over 120 players participated from 11 different nationalities: UK, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Suisse, Germany, Austria, Italy, Finland, Hungary and the Czech Republic.

To participate at the EuropeMasters you register as team of 4 players. During the tournament each player plays 4 different games against the other team’s team members (each time against players from different nationalities). This year the games are:

- Vasco da Gama - It's Your Game, co-sponsors Hobbity.eu, 999 Games, Hutter Trade GmbH
- Dungeon Lords - CGE, co-sponsor Heidelberger Spieleverlag
- Opera - The Game Master, co-sponsor Huch & Friends
- Assyria - Ystari Games

In the end the best team result determines the European Champion for 2010.

With registration they send 1 set of games for practice purpose. At the tournament the team will receive a second set. The registration fee is € 85.- per team (4 players). Thus, with 85 Euros team would get two copies of all the 4 tournament games.

Usually EuropeMasters wants that all the teams taking part have won some kind of qualification tournament in their home country. Because Poland has not sent any team earlier, the Polish team would have wildcard to the tournament. In short, this means that if 4 Polish players form the team, they get in without any qualifications in Poland.

More information from EuropeMaster can be found from webpage: http://www.europemasters.org/

---

I have not taken part to EuropeMaster but I haven been organizing Finnish qualification tournament (Finnish national championship tournament) few times. This year my team was doing well in our own tournament so I could go to represent Finland in EuropeMasters. Unfortunately timetable is not working for me. Some of my friends have taken part and afterward they all have been very excited from the tournament.

Usually we do in Finland so that our National Boardgame Society will pay registration fees and then the teams gathers as much as possible sponsor money for the travel costs. This way players get to the tournament with small personal costs and as a bonus they have three days time to see what new board games there is..

If you have any questions, I will answer what I know.

---
Ivashu
ODPOWIEDZ